Revenue Division, Ministry of Finance and Economy would like to inform the public that operating hours for the month of Ramadhan 1443H for counter services are as follows :
|Monday – Thursday & Saturday||8.30 am – 12.30 pm|
|Friday, Sunday and Public Holiday||Closed|
Revenue Division would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and wish all Muslims Ramadhan Mubarak.
Revenue Division, Ministry of Finance and Economy
Date: 31st March 2022
The Registry of Companies and Business Names Division (ROCBN), Ministry of Finance and Economy would like to inform the public that the operating hours for the month of Ramadhan 1443H for counter services are 8.30 am - 12.30 pm.
Date: 31st March 2022
Ministry of Finance and Economy would like to inform that counter for payment at the Revenue Division will be closed in the afternoon on Wednesday, 30th March 2022 and Thursday, 31st March 2022 from 12.00 p.m due to the Government Financial Year End.
Kindly also note the counter will only accept cash transaction starting on Tuesday, 29th March 2022 until Thursday, 31st March 2022 and any payment due must be made by the 31st March 2022.
Any cheque payment over the counter and via banking facility are to be made by Monday, 28th March 2022 only.
All counter service will resume normal operation on the Saturday, 2nd April 2022.
Ministry of Finance & Economy
Date: 23 March 2022
1. In line with the enhancement of tax system STARS which will be migrated
to One Common Portal (OCP), Revenue Division, Ministry of Finance and
Economy (MOFE), is pleased to announce that a review has been made on
the Income Tax Return which is currently being used by companies for
income tax filing every year.
2. In this regard, Revenue Division, MOFE, is pleased to introduce a new Income Tax Return Form which will be used for filing of income tax starting Year of Assessment 2022 via OCP.
3. Revenue Divison, MOFE, would also like to inform the introduction and requirements to submit general ledger and tax schedules (as applicable) from the Year of Assessment 2022. To allow taxpayers to familiarise themselves with this new requirement, a grace period of six months will be given until 31 December of each year of assessment for two consecutive years of assessment only (Year of Assessment 2022 and 2023). This introduction is intended to ensure that companies keep their records and also to enable the collection of data for future use. Public may obtain the tax schedules templates from www.ocp.mofe.gov.bn or www.mofe.gov.bn.
For further enquiries or clarification please contact Revenue Division via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call +673 2383933 or +673 2380651.
Ministry of Finance and Economy
Date: 30 October 2021
1. Selaras dengan langkah penambahbaikan sistem percukaian STARS yang
mana akan dialihkan ke One Common Portal (OCP), Bahagian Hasil,
Kementerian Kewangan dan Ekonomi (MOFE) sukacita memaklumkan bahawa
penelitian semula telahpun dilaksanakan ke atas Penyata Cukai Pendapatan
yang pada masa ini digunakan oleh syarikat-syarikat bagi pemfailan cukai
pendapatan secara tahunan.
2. Dalam pada itu, Bahagian Hasil sukacita memperkenalkan Borang Penyata Cukai Pendapatan yang baru yang akan mula digunakan bagi pemfailan cukai pendapatan mulai Tahun Taksiran 2022 melalui OCP.
3. Bahagian Hasil seterusnya ingin memaklumkan mengenai pengenalan keperluan bagi syarikat-syarikat untuk menghadapkan general ledger dan tax schedules (yang berkenaan) mulai Tahun Taksiran 2022. Bagi membolehkan syarikat-syarikat membiasakan diri dengan keperluan baru ini, penangguhan masa (grace period) selama enam bulan akan diberikan iaitu sehingga 31 Disember setiap tahun taksiran untuk dua tahun taksiran berturut-turut sahaja (Tahun Taksiran 2022 dan 2023). Pengenalan keperluan ini adalah bertujuan untuk memastikan syarikat-syarikat menyimpan rekod perakaunan mereka dan membantu dalam pengumpulan data untuk kegunaan di masa akan datang. Orang ramai bolehlah mendapatkan templat tax schedules tersebut melalui laman sesawang www.ocp.mofe.gov.bn atau www.mofe.gov.bn.
4. Untuk sebarang pertanyaan atau penjelasan lanjut, sila hubungi Bahagian Hasil sama ada melalui email di alamat email@example.com; atau melalui telefon di talian +673 2383933 atau +673 2380651.
Kementerian Kewangan dan Ekonomi
Tarikh: 30 Oktober 2021
1. With reference to the Ministry of Home Affair’s Press Release on 6 April 2020
regarding the cancellation of the Ramadhan Bazaar under the purview of the Municipal
Departments, District Departments and Department of Culture and Sports as one of the
precautionary measures to help contain the outbreak of COVID-19 in the country, so as
to safeguard the safety and well-being of the public.
2. In relation to this, since the sustainability of Brunei Darussalam’s industries [such as Food and Beverage (F&B)] falls under the Ministry of Finance and Economy’s (MOFE) role, MOFE in close collaboration with Darussalam Enterprise (DARe) and also Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam (BIBD) will be introducing an initiative to assist the affected micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) through a virtual market platform called ‘Community for Brunei’. The objective of this platform is to help congregate and gather Brunei’s community to help MSMEs sell their goods and services in a virtual market, where the public can shop virtually and make payments digitally through debit or credit cards.
3. ‘Community for Brunei’ through a BIBD supported website www.CommunityforBrunei.com, is inspired and managed by local youths from The Collective, Think Axis Solutions, Alicia Newn and several others with similar goals specifically to help the MSMEs.
4. ‘Community for Brunei’ will be launching 2 projects:
The Ministry of Finance and Economy is pleased to announce that His Majesty
the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam has consented for the
introduction of the Companies Act (Amendment) Order, 2019, Companies
(Composition of Offences) Rules, 2019 and Companies (Corporate Governance)
(Public Companies) (Amendment) Rules, 2019 which aimed to further strengthen
the Companies Act (Chapter 39) in Brunei Darussalam with effect from 1st October 2019.
The amendments are introduced to further strengthen the Companies Act (Chapter 39) in relation to compliance and corporate governance of a company with the legal requirements under the Act.
Further information regarding the Companies Act (Amendment) Order, 2019, Companies (Composition of Offences) Rules, 2019 and Companies (Corporate Governance) (Public Companies) (Amendment) Rules, 2019 are available on www.mofe.gov.bn. The hardcopy of the Order and the Rules are available for sale at the Government Printing Department alternatively it can be downloaded from the website of the Attorney General‘s Chambers (www.agc.gov.bn).
Copyright (c) 2021 Ministry of Finance and Economy, Brunei Darussalam. All Rights Reserved.